Parent Participation for Swim & Dive Team
To run a successful team, we MUST have parental help and full swimmer/diver participation. Regardless of the type of FRCP membership, each family will be assigned at least 3 jobs during the season (June 1 through July 31). If you cannot fulfill your assigned job, it is your responsibility to find a substitute. Expectations are that parents show up to all meets if their swimmers are swimming, and that if scheduled to be a volunteer that you show up and perform your volunteer duty.
What is a job?
Every parent is needed to help make a meet run smoothly. The different jobs assigned are:
- Marshal – lining the swimmers up for the race and getting them to the lanes. Swimmers need to know they need to stay with the Marshals.
- Timers – time the actual race and recording the information. There are usually two per lane.
- Runners – Taking the timing sheets from the timers to the scoring table
- Place Judge-Stand at side of pool and let the timers know which swimmers placed.
- 50/50 Sales -selling 50/50 tickets at home meets.
- Food Table– working the bake sale
A coaches/parent meeting will be held during the early part of the season to introduce the coaching staff, explain parental participation, and answer any questions you may have. TEAM SUITS will be on sale in early JUNE during practice. Goggles, caps, sweat suits and practice suits will also be available at this time. Please continually check the SWIM / DIVING TEAM BULLETIN BOARD for details or changes.